Sunday 4 August 2013

pepe ... my dream come true

Today I got my new car.  Silly ridiculous dancing excited does not even begin to explain it.  After having my previous car written off by some idiot who slammed into me, a wonderful opportunity (after much car window shopping, reading up on the internet and speaking to various salesman)arose when we decided to ditch all the complications we had previously with pre-owned cars and buy a new one.  Not easy, it is a huge commitment to make to pay for over a looong time, but armed with the payout from the insurance and the abovementioned commitment, I found a fabulous saleslady at VW who highly efficiently sold me a Polo Sedan 1.4 Comfortline .... man this is a kickass car .... it has every bell and whistle standard, and to satisfy my family who are concerned about cellphone usage in vehicles (who me??), I got a bluetooth connected to my speakers for my cellphone.

So off we went this morn .... Eug and I plus kids plus grandparents.  Given that the kids thought I had bought a 2010 red Polo Vivo pre-owned with lots of kms on it, you can imagine their surprise when we said "let us cut through the showroom", and there .... front and centre, wrapped up in a red ribbon and bow with a board saying "Human family" ... actually "Human Farmily" ... sort of the same (there over the hill as my friend would say) ... was Pepe.  Yes Pepe, as in the footballer, Pepe the Polo.  Shrieks ensued whilst two gobsmacked teenagers let the news their eyes were giving them sink in. They rated a 10 out of 10, my giggling rated about a 14. 

The only small glitch was that the finance guy had taken his eye off the ball and had a mistake in the contract ... when we pointed it out he looked like Bambi in headlights and stayed that way for most of the hour the then needed discussions took place. The Dealer Principal dealt with it in a manner then that showed exactly why the heck he is the Dealer Principal .. high 5. The only other slight thing was when a man who was looking at cars in the showroom lent his whole face against my new car window to look inside, smearing his nose all over.  A quick "please don't smear my windows" quickly stopped that whilst my family dispersed so as not to look as if they were with me. 

It is lekker to get a new car, it is lekker to get any car, but the smell when you open the door of a new vehicle ..... when it was time to go the salesman held out the key and as I reached for it he snatched it back and said "oh no, not before you ring the bell" ... in the middle of the showroom floor is a biggish brass bell .... I dashed over and gave it a good yank so that the entire VW building resounded with the pealing ... and as the bells rang out every single VW employee, irrespective of job, started to clap and shout congratulations .... What a fantastic tradition!!! So with a hoot I drove off the showroom floor .... now it is funny.... I have had a licence for almost 30 years ... I drove away like a new driver, slowly, gently .... when we got in and out the car we swung our legs up like pole dancers, not letting our feet touch the running boards or any part of the vehicle.  No one was allowed to do anything but sit upright and anyone breathing onto the windows was immediately removed from the vehicle. If the kids could have held their feet parallel above the mats I would have been even more excited. 

So with a whole 28km on the clock Pepe has entered our lives.  I am already nearly finished with the encyclopaedia sized manual and know every feature of the car. I made 4 additional trips tonight to the Spar.  1st for milk.  Then for bread ... etc etc ...... I just wanna be in the car. 

Off to bed now.  Will I sleep?  I better, so I can wake up and drive my new baby. 




till next time,
c'est la vie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...