Friday 11 September 2015

Mary's house and me

I am looking at Mary's house. 

A bit below the ground we just walked on, stands what remains of it. Discovered centuries ago and identified by a then inscription on the wall, "Hail Mary", it stands inside the church, simple and at once immensely emotionally overwhelming. Such greatness in such simplicity.

I am looking at Mary's house. 

An altar stands in the entrance inscribed "Verbum Caro Hic Factum Est" - "Here the Word became Flesh"- as our Priest said, here is the true centre of the world. It is not defined by a geographical location or an entry on a map, this IS the true centre of the world for us.  It is defined by what I am drinking in with all my senses. 

I am looking at Mary's house. 

And I am completely humbled. 

This is my Faith. 


till soon 
c'est la vie 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...