Normal. What is That.
Who gets to decide what is normal in life?
Someone laughed at something I did this week and told me ... "Seriously, you are not normal".
I think I am normal.
- I eat icecream and Smooch through all 4 seasons
- I am that mom that when we lie watching TV on a weekend and my kids say "a McFlurry would be great now" at midnight, we get in the car and we go to the drive-thru ..... in our pyjamas
- You can NEVER drink too much cappuccino in a day
- There is no such thing as loving someone too much
- When you can love romantically or platonically, knowing their shortcomings and wrongdoings, that is a good thing
- I cannot possibly be the only person who once arrived at work and discovered that along with my pinstripe suit pants ..... I was still wearing my slippers
- On Monday I called someone "Sir", only to find out later that it was actually a woman
- My son dared me to get out of the car at a robot in CR Swart Drive last month... and dance. I did. He is still speechless on that issue. The 2 people in the car behind us hooted and cheered.
- I see no point whatsoever in eating olives. Ditto chicken giblets, liver in all forms and any other "parts"
- I cannot play the piano. But that is only because I have never tried.
- I can do 47 things at once whilst simultaneously being on the phone. I find anyone who can't, really strange
- I am addicted to Candy Crush
- I think Gerrie Nel has a seriously hot voice. I think that salt 'n pepper hair on a guy is seriously hot, period. And if he has nice hands ..... 200 bonus points are awarded
- Addiction to table tennis is perfectly acceptable
- I cannot drink anything hot or cold, if I have not found the centre of the glass / cup with my spoon or straw. Anyone who knows me well, is acutely aware of this habit. My BFF cannot relax until I have "found the damn middle".
- I subscribe to 8 magazines a month. And read them all
- I read a 466 page novel front to back last Sunday
- I once bought my son a pair of underpants and took them to a cricket match .... page back ..... there is a whole blog about that unfortunate incident
So who the hell decides on normal?
c'est la vie xxx