Sunday 30 August 2015

so my bags are packed ....

There was a mini miracle in our home at 6pm tonight .... I packed for my trip, it was uncomplicated and quick, everything in its place and a place for everything .... lots of space left and well below the 23kg allowance.  Accompanying this is my small rugsack and I am not FOR ONCE carrying 100 loose things ranging from jerseys to pens and mags. 

Somehow I cannot get this right if we go somewhere in the province ... but did a remarkable job for an overseas trip. 

I am nervous, excited and apprehensive all at once.  Suddenly at 9pm I decided that I do not want to leave my family.  Then I started missing my daughter in CT.  Then I started wondering who would be sitting on either side of me on the flight ... would I know them, and if not, would they be nice or really flippen irritating? 

I have listened to advice from dozens of people, got wonderful reading material about the Holy Land from three very caring people and today when I was in the Repository I was touched by how many people popped in simply to say goodbye to me.  

So I am ready .... just painting the toes and then off to bed.  The 430am alarm is going to be quite a shock to me tomorrow. 

I have an awesome roomie on the trip, so I am looking forward to that.  I am travelling with a group that I know and with my own parish priest which is special. 

So onwards and upwards .... Tel Aviv ... hope you ready for me. 


Till soon 

c'est la vie xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...