Sunday 1 September 2013

once upon a time ......

I have a good friend who always tries to teach me "slowly, slowly" in life and "to be gentle with myself" emotionally and every other way.  And it is slowly, slowly starting to work for me. 

This friend is also one of a handful of persistent supporters who feel I should start writing more seriously .... so I am happy to have got a good head start.  I wrote a short story ..... yes I ...  WROTE ... A......800 WORD CHILDREN'S STORY.  A magazine is offering the opportunity for them to purchase it if they like it and so I gave it a bash.  If they choose it will I be happy? Of course.  If they don't choose it will I be devastated?  No I won't.  I will have proved to myself that I am able to, on a very small scale, work out the outline of a story in my head, and working from the outside in, write something readable.  My normal editing guru and critic was not available last week to check it, but I also read it to a couple of people to check if it touched them.  One cried.  Two sat and stared.  I waited.  They stared more.  I started to panic.  Then the one guy said ... "you worked that out on your own?".  He was not being sarcastic.  So happy days.  It is the first stepping stone in a VERY long line of stones still to come. 

When do I have time to do this?  Well if you are a local, then you will know that it is now 01:30 and so to answer your question - this is when I have time to do it.  Between working and 2 teenagers and laundry and driving and blogging and all kinds of stuff my inspiration comes in the quiet of the midnight hours.  And what to say?  God puts it there, in my head, in my heart, in my conscious and sleeping hours .... I simply move it to my fingertips and then to my keyboard.  What a blessing He gave me with this. 

So now to bed, and to dream ... about what to write next. 



c'est la vie ... and thank you to the many that follow my blog. 
mwah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...