Friday 13 December 2013

my caffeine and my religion

So I am slowly slowly cutting back on coffee.  Slowly slowly being the 2 focus words of that sentence.  I have decided to give up coffee for Lent.  Because that will be beyond huge for me.  However if I go from my current coffee tally to zero on Ash Wednesday, I will be in jail by the day after Ash Wednesday because I will in all likelihood have throttled more than one person.  So the way to do it is to lessen my intake leading up to that day so that I literally am going from 2 to 3 cups a day to zero.  If 2 to 3 cups is what I am trying to whittle down to ..... then do the maths about my coffee intake. 

Coffee is my friend.  It holds my hand when I am sad, it celebrates with me when I am happy, it sits quietly with me when I want silence, it makes me smile when I am feeling joyful.  It is constant.  It does not mind sharing my attention with my family, or my best friend, or my book or my IPad.  It knows that it is important to my life. It can travel with me in my car, to my office, it sits with me in the mall, it is always around in my home. Sometimes I spend a lot of time with it, other days even more than a lot of time.  We have a 365 day relationship.  

and that is when I realised .......... 

that my coffee, it is the absolute reflection of my relationship with God.  Wow.  God is my friend.  He holds my hand when I am sad.  He celebrates with me when I am happy. He sits quietly with me when I want silence and He makes me smile when I am feeling joyful.  He is constant.  He does not mind sharing my attention with my family, or my best friend, or my book or my IPad.  He knows that He is central to my life.  He can travel with me in my car, to my office, He sits with me in the mall, He is always around in my home.  Sometimes I spend a lot of time with Him, other days even more than a lot of time.  We have a 365 day relationship. 

How blessed am I.  And I don't have to cut back on God for Lent :)

c'est la vie. 
xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...