stupid cupid stop picking on me :)
So by now the fat little cherub must have laid down his bow and arrow and be preparing for a good night's rest after what must have been a busy day for him.
Aaah Valentine's ..... or as a friend of mine put on Facebook today ... "Some people call today Valentine's, I call it Thursday".
When I went downstairs at the crack of dawn this morning, there on the kitchen table I found a beautiful miniature rose bush, blood red, with a pink bow on it. As I kissed hubby thank you he reminded me with a very straight face that he would "take the kiss", but had no idea where the rose bush had come from. I wonder ....... mmmmm
So now that my kids have gone and come back from school in shades of red and white clothing, returning with a teddy (her) and balloon from an anonymous girl (him) ... we have all been reminded that love is still very much alive and well in the hearts of all ....... and romance ...... well, who doesn't like a little romance?
Of course my day would not be complete without a little Valentine trivia:
* More than 36 million heart shaped boxes of chocolates and sweets are sold world-wide on Valentine's Day each year
* Women still purchase more than 80 % of all Valentine's gifts
* The City of Verona, where Romeo and Juliet lived, receive more than 1000 letters each Valentine's Day ... all addressed to Juliet
* Richard Cadbury developed the first Valentine's box of candy in the 1800's
* More than 9 million pet owners worldwide buy their pet a Valentine's gift
* In the middle ages men and women drew names from a pot to see who their Valentine would be. Then they would wear that person's name on their sleeve for a week (hence the saying "wearing your heart on your sleeve")
* Casanova "The World's Greatest Lover" ate chocolate to make him virile. (So why is the world stuffing around with Viagra?)
* More than 220 000 wedding proposals happen on Valentine's Day
* More than 15 % of the women in the world send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day (ok that is just sad)
* More than 1.6 billion Valentine's Cards change hands each year
So now that I have parted with this information which adds no value to your life whatsover, let me leave you with this thought:
♥ Find arms that will hold you at your weakest, eyes that will see you at your ugliest, & a heart that will love you at your worst - - Then you have found true love.
(thank you www.ilovehim24)
Till next time
c'est la vie xxxxxxx