Monday 5 August 2013

Body Shock .... Spring is when????

So today I had to have a little heart to heart with my body.  So I sat myself down and looking downwards told my dear body that I had some bad news.  Spring is about 3 weeks away.  My body reacted with shock.  "I have to come out from underneath the jerseys, jeans, scarves, gloves and other items of multi-covering functions?", it gasped in disbelief.  "Already?".  I nodded solemnly whilst berating myself for not reminding my body of this a little earlier. 

My body is now not talking to me. 

Yes once again it is almost Spring.  Spring ..... flowers, blossoms, warmer weather, couples skipping through lush green parks singing The Hills are Alive whilst smiling at each other, birds chirping, dogs fetching frisbies, icecream and ............ yes that other stuff ...... swimming costumes, tshirts, shorts and that long awaited moment when we bring our long covered flesh out into the open eye, and sunlight. 

Gasp. 

It is usually at this time of year that we remind ourselves of what we told ourselves in Autumn.  "I am not going to eat a lot of comfort food this winter.  I will be sensible and stick to soups and healthy stews with brown rice and vegetables.  I will drink only rooibos tea".  I did say that to my body but for some unknown reason what my body heard was "I will drink tons of foamy cappuccino with brown sugar, lovely danishes on chilly winter mornings, chocolate dipped into my coffee on stressful days and .... soup?  Pfft ..... no thanks".  

Now thanks to the hearing problem of my body I have to find some sort of 53 day detox in order to shock charge my body for the great reveal.  I figure if I drink 19 glasses of water a day and shoot back 11 glasses of veggies blended with carrot juice and 9 water tablets I should make some progress in time for the September school holidays. 

So I guess I better get out my Virgin Active card (always seems such a contradiction that name) and get myself and my body down to the treadmill.  I wonder if they will allow me to have one of those divine Kauai smoothies whilst I am walking.  After all a minute on the treadmill is very stressful. 

Now where did I put that bathing costume ......



till next time
c'est la vie xxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...