Wednesday 6 March 2013

Just me

Ok well I am definitely sure what defines Karin.  This week I received 3 mails from readers in New Zealand, Canada and Germany .... All coincidently asking the same question .... We read your blog faithfully and know so much about your life (I initially wrote for Sarie magazine blog page and then for Women24 blog page, hence the title of my blog ... Which basically means That's Life and tells everyday tales that many readers relate and respond to) but we want to know more about you ... The person behind the blog.  So here are some pretty simple facts about me (my friends would have been able to draw up this list and Elm would have written exactly what is below) .......



I am a cappuccino-holic and probably drink 60% of the coffee in SA.  The school Headmaster says he has never seen anyone with such a capacity for coffee.

I am also a perfume and heels kinda girl ..... My colleagues can never understand how I walk 12 hours a day in the heels and I have a tin in which I save for my perfume fund and when I have enough off to Edgars I go.    Favourites?  Clinique Aromatics (unaffordable) ... Versace Vanitas and Swarovski Aura.  

I love my job with indescribable passion ... Even though I have been there several years it was some people's unwavering faith in me that made me embark on a new career path there last year ... Living proof that at my age you can take on a new field ... Exciting times.

I look for sincerity, honesty, trust, openness, laughter and joy in others and I have no time for arrogance, racism, dishonesty, disdain and broken promises in others.  If I am committed to you and you leave my life I am shattered.

I have a wicked sense of humour and find great joy in people with a sense of humour.  

I teach my children that there is always someone behind you in the food chain of life and we have a responsibility to help them ... Be it a beggar, someone struggling financially, someone who needs clothes or a meal ... Whatever

I have 2 kids ... Readers will know that and I will walk to the moon and back for them ...I also have other people's kids sleeping over all the time ... Great joy for me

I read a novel every week of my life even if it has 500 pages .... I subscribe to lots of 
magazines, my favourite chocolate is Daim, I love getting flowers, I am a useless drinker so 
am usually the driver, I enjoy TV,  good steak, creme brûlée, sprite zero, Exclusive Books and I hope now you know a little more.



Thanks for following my blog

Till next time ... With much love
c'est la vie.  Xxxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...