Thursday 5 November 2015

completely irrelevant and fun facts

Did You Know: 

The average lead pencil can write 50 000 words before it becomes too stumpy.

You breathe on average about 5 million times a year.  For me it must be 6 million if I add in the eye rolling and sighing my one friend says I do.

Months that begin on a Sunday always have a Friday 13th in them. 

"Almost" is the longest word in the English dictionary with all the letters in alphabetical order.

A silkworm consumes about 86 000 times it's weight in 56 days.  Hold back on fat jokes please.

11 % of the world population is left handed. 

Rubber bands stretch further and last longer if refrigerated.  You also then know where they are ... like my car keys (yes I put them in the fridge at work).

A snail can sleep for 3 years.  I am clearly a member of the snail family.

All the continent's names end with the same letter that they start with. 

A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.  I have some friends like that as well. 

A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute.  The same happens to me when I see a picture of Richard Gere. 

Some worms start eating themselves if they cannot find any food. 

Giraffes can clean their ears with their 21 inch tongues.  I feel I should comment.  But I won't. 

Billy Goats urinate on themselves to make them more attractive to females.  Uhm ... ok.

Polar bears can eat up to 80 penguins in a single sitting.  About like me and Woolworth's Chuckles. 

and lastly

Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian.  He also had only one testicle. 



till soon
c'est la vie 

(with thanks to Google Top Random Facts)


No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...