Tuesday 29 January 2013

over the rainbow

Someday I'll wish upon a star .......... the words of this song have always been beautiful to me and I often sang it to Jessie when she was little and battling to sleep ........ and now I was wondering ..... if we could simply wish upon a star and find all the clouds and sadness in our lives behind us, our troubles melted ....... what would you wish for?

I know what I won't wish for ....... a different house, other friends and family, to have loved less or cared less, to have worried more or cried less, pots of money, movie star looks and all the other things that seem so unimportant in the big scheme of things ...

But what I would wish for?  A faster cure for cancer, a faster solution to the poverty in our country, longer days for Jess to finish all her school work in, the study light to stop buzzing, happiness and health always for my family, huge donations for Irene Homes, a way to ensure that no-one i care about ever stops being happy around me, the answer to where socks go in the laundry, a way to heal pain, the ability to leave an indelible impression on everyone who meets me, to always love, always laugh and always live, not just exist. ... 

So what would you wish for ? 

"Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.


Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.


Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.


Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?


If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?" (Wizard of Oz cast)



Till next time,
c'est la vie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...