Thursday 11 April 2013

Adoration time

So yesterday was an all over the place kind of day.  Had to catch a lift to the workshop which is currently trying to help me with what is turning into a major disaster with my car ....... (don't get me started on the salesman who sold it to me) .... caught a bite to eat en route home ..... worked sourcing funds for hours for IH ....... made a kickass dinner in the afternoon .... slept on the couch for an hour and then at 11pm went to Adoration.  

The Adoration was the highlight of the day (as it is every week) .... there is something to be said for doing it so late at night.  The church is dead quiet, the street is quiet, the neighbourhood is quiet.  Even the guard and I whisper to each other when I get there .... and he is always glad to see me .... because I come bearing hot chocolate and a cookie for him each week ......

Inside there is nothing but candlelight, me, God and lots of quiet.  When you spend 2 hours sitting in such peace, alone, you have no choice but to simply be.  There is the prayer board and beautiful CD's, candles to be lit for people I pray for and then just time.  To sit. To think. To pray.  To wonder.  And to talk out loud to God.  Sometimes we chat, sometimes I talk and He listens.  Very often He talks and I must listen.  And there are also those days when I question, or debate or am angry or want an explanation.  He is very patient on those days.

And I find it there.  The answer.  In the quiet.  Everytime.  Not always the exact answer I expected or wanted right then.  But somehow always the answer that is meant to be. 

It's a special time.  One that everyone should try and bring into their lives. 


Christ the King Parish, Queenswood 


Till next time
c'est la vie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

So how is your week going? Yes I wrote this blog a while ago.  I have tripped going up (yes up, not down the plethora of steps up to our hou...